Sunday, January 21, 2007

SHF #27 Chocolate by Brand....




I havent baked anything for 2 weeks because of Robins new lifestyle plan( aka South Beach). So, when I read about this months Sugar High Friday I knew I was going to participate. SHF was developed by Jennifer from The Domestic Goddess. David Lebovitz is hosting this months Sugar High Friday, Chocolate by Brand.
. Since I was going through some serious baking withdrawals I decided to make 2 things. Both of these recipes come from FineCooking's Chocolate magazine. The first, is No Cook Chocolate pudding. The second, are Chocolate chunk scones. My first choice was actually a chocolate peanut butter tart but there was no way for me to cut that recipe down as I did with both the pudding and scones. I cut each recipe in half. I used E.Guittard 72% bittersweet couverture wafers. I love these because I didn't have to chop them. I HATE chopping chocolate. I bought 3 boxes of this when Williams Sonoma had a big sale( 50%) off. I paid 5.99lb which is a great price.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really aware how bitter 72% chocolate is. I only used 2tbls of sugar in the pudding and 3tbls in the scones. They definitely need more sugar. I think the next time I use this chocolate, I'll have to cut it with some semi-sweet.

But, all is not lost because at least I was able to bake, I'm always happy for that.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

We must be on the same wavelength! Usually, I'm vanilla girl, but lately, I'm all about the chocolate! Yesterday, I made 3 dozen chocolate cupcakes with a bittersweet ganache (from the infamous "double layer chocolate cake" recipe from Epicurious). Heaven...sheer heaven! I am working on blogging about them, but I still have to download the photos...

Tell Robyn that I am going to be very upset if her dieting interferes with your blogging! Tee hee.

--Gina
lindseysluscious.blogspot.com

5:03 PM, January 21, 2007

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I made the best chocolate cake last week - I should have blogged it for Sugar High Friday.

The only time I could get my hands on Guittard was when the Dollar General had their semi-sweet chips. Not exactly Guittard's high end stuff but better than most other chips I have access too. I bought up all they had at Dollar General but they're long gone and of course, they never got more.

6:49 AM, January 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home