Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Not what I expected.....




I've been dreaming about a New England type lobster roll for awhile. Since this xmas dinner was just Robin, me and her mom, I decided to make something very casual for dinner and I chose the lobster roll. I ordered 2 lobster tails from work and when I got them, I was surprised, because the flesh of one of the tails was pink, while the other was white. The tails were 8oz each so I knew it would be plenty of meat. My catering boss suggested I saute the lobster meat in butter which I did. However, It curled up and just didnt look like lobster to me. I'm thinking it was a spiny lobster or rock lobster instead of Maine lobster. It was good, just not what I wanted. I searched high and low for top loading hot dog buns, but I could find any so I made some faux hot dog buns using white whole wheat flour and a recipe from King Arthur. I mixed the cooked lobster with some mayo, a bit of celery and scallion. I served these with root veggie chips and full sour pickles from Trader Joes.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous! I love, love, love lobster rolls! And how decadent to have one in the middle of winter. ;-)

Merry Christmas, Randi! --Gina

11:36 PM, December 26, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm too hungry to be reading food blogs this morning. That looks soooooooooooooo good.

6:04 AM, December 27, 2006

 
Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

Hey, Randi...I don't know your e-mail address. Would you mind dropping me a quick (personal) note so that I can write back? Mine is JoyBugaloo(at)aol(dot)com.

Thanks--Gina

9:00 PM, December 27, 2006

 
Blogger Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

I wish you a happy new year !

7:36 AM, December 31, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Oh man...those do look yum. Lobster rolls seem like a summer thing to me *shrug*

10:37 AM, January 01, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home