Sunday, January 21, 2007

Braised zucchini and mushrooms....



This is kinda boring, but I'm running out of things to blog about. Robin's diet is really putting a cramp in my blogging because I havent baked ANYTHING in 2 weeks. I do plan on rectifiying that today since we're somewhat snowed in( not really, but its so cold out and we live in Podunk where there is nothing to do but grocery shop). So a few weeks ago, Robin bought me this huge box of dried shiitake mushrooms. I decided to do a stir fry/braise with them using zucchini as a filler. I soaked the shrooms and drained the soaking liquid( veg stock and a bit of soy). I added 1 tsp of cornstarch. I sauteed the zucchini and then added back the mushrooms and liquid. It looked great.... Robin didnt care for this at all, I think her exact words were " This is gross". Not really, she actually said I find this way too strong. Ok, so into the trash it went. Hey Christine, do you want a box of dried shiitakes???

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Sure thing! I love them.

8:31 AM, January 21, 2007

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

I want you making bad for you yummy food again! *pout*

6:33 AM, January 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try them soaked and sliced finely into singapore fried noodles, fried rice, or noodle soups. Don't write them off just yet!

Or you could soak them, cut the stem out, stuff them with chopped prawn, cornflour, chopped bamboo shoots and water chestnuts, then steam. Delicious!

5:58 AM, February 07, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home