Sunday, January 07, 2007

Top Secret Recipes......



Yesterday, I received a couple of cookbooks in the mail courtesy of the "free cookbook" thread over on egullet. Top Secret Recipes and Top Secret Recipes light intrigued me because once a week, I get a free top secret recipe by email. I've yet to make anything,but thats beside the point. : )

I whipped up a batch of 100% white whole wheat bread using the bread machine and coicindentally, Robin asked for french toast this morning. I used the top secret recipe for IHOP's French Toast. The secret is adding 3tbls of flour to the egg mixture to make a little thicker coating. It actually worked. Robin proclaimed this very good. Of course, my bread was good, so thats probably half of it right there.

Speaking of Robin, she is starting South Beach tomorrow so the meals around here will be rather boring for her first two weeks of Induction. I'm going to bake something for the next Sugar High Friday and look back thru my archives for something to post.

Oh, I start another job on Thursday. I'll be cooking for 50 seniors, twice a month. Check out that thread for more info.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Oh man...that looks like an incredible breakfast!

6:53 PM, January 07, 2007

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I was just craving waffles with powdered sugar but now I'm craving French Toast with powdered sugar.

I think I'm too hungry to be reading food blogs this morning.

6:00 AM, January 08, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man ... going from IHOP French Toast to South Beach in only 24 hours ... talk about tough! When my roommate decided to go on South Beach, his last meal request were some of the French bread batards I brought to the eG gathering last August. :) LOL

5:42 PM, January 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home