Monday, January 09, 2006

This was way better than it looks


creamy pork stew, braised sweet and sour cababge and smashed red spuds Posted by Picasa

I was searching in the dregs of the freezer the other day when I came up with a boneless pork loin. I also had 3 apples almost past their prime and a head of red cabbage( leftover from our fish taco's the other night). I went to trusty google.com and typed in Pork loin, apple and cabbage. I found the above dish( just pork and apples). It was surprisingly very good. The recipe calls for throwing the cut up pork in the crock pot, but I prefer to brown it off first. Then you add 2 cut up apples( I used 3) sage, nutmeg, chopped onion, half a cup of white wine, pepper and garlic. That cooked on low for 6 hrs, then you add 1/3 cup of cream and some cornstarch. It thicked up nice. I made it last night and we ate it tonight with some smashed red spuds and a quick braise of sweet and sour red cabbage.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Not sure if I'm just being blind here, Randi, but I can't find a link to your e-mail. I've love to have your extra copy of Food&Drink, since I don't have access to it on a regular basis here (only when the relatives of friends are kind enough to send a few down). You can
e-mail me
and I'll send along my address.

5:10 PM, January 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really good Randi! I think I'll try a variation with the cooked pork tenderloin I have in my freezer. Do you still have the link?

6:05 PM, January 09, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I love the idea of a creamy pork stew. I stopped buying pork after my husband informed me that he didn't like it but, hey, he ate it for 5 1/2 years before telling me that, so he can eat still it every once and a while. It won't kill him.

6:44 AM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
»

1:41 AM, August 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home