Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Don't make these cookies.....


moonrocks Posted by Picasa

Here is cookie using pre-measured ingredients( aka cake mix). Our neice Chelsea is visiting with us for a few days and I promised her I'd post these( that's the only reason I'm doing it). We were in the bookstore the other day and she found a kids cookbook that uses cake mixes. She asked me if we could get it and of course I said Yes because I'd love for her to learn to cook/bake. Additionally, I think its a great way to teach children about math. She's been glued to the book for the last few days. She's picked out a "horse in the meadow" cake for her birthday as well. She wanted to bake something today so I told her to find something simple. These were simple alright. A german chocolate cake mix, 1/2 cup butter melted, crushed pretzels, oats, M & M's and 3 eggs. They were absolutly horrible( to me anyway, Chelsea loved them). I guess that's all that really counts!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, yeah, those don't look terrific. I think maybe it's the bright green M & M color peeking out! Glad Chelsea liked them!!

10:22 AM, January 04, 2006

 
Blogger Cookie Madness said...

Well, personally, I don't think they look so bad! However, I have become a bit sensitive to the taste of cake mix and don't enjoy it as much as I did when I was a kid. Whatever it takes to get her interested in cooking. Go for it!

6:36 PM, January 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home