Thursday, December 29, 2005

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup......


tomato basil soup

yummy soup Posted by Picasa


I dont know why I've never tried this before. It was so easy to make. I usually pop open a can of the ubiqitious cambell's tomato, add some cooked rice and maybe a grilled cheese sandwich to go along with it.( this is what I want when I'm sick or I'm really cold). Today was a cold kinda day. The sun hasnt come out in over a week and I just felt like having some soup.

I spotted these organic canned tomatoes on sale for 69 cents. I think they are normally 1.69. I drained off and saved the liquid, and then roasted the tomatoes along with a clove of garlic and a chopped shallot. After roasting, I threw it in a blender with the juice and half a can of chicken broth. I brought it to a simmer, added a couple cubes of homeade pesto and a touch of cream. It was so good, I didnt even need a grilled cheese sandwich.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

YUM! Sounds really great.

6:22 PM, December 29, 2005

 
Blogger Dawna said...

That looks delicious, Randi. I think I'll give it a try - January always needs soup!

10:26 AM, December 31, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home