Friday, January 06, 2006

Using up leftovers.......


quiche  Posted by Picasa


I had one pillsbury crust leftover from xmas, some bacon, eggs and cheese so I decided to throw together a quiche. Robin thought it had a weird tecture. I used 4 eggs and 1 1/2 cups half and half. I think I should have used a higher fat cream, but I didnt want it to be too outrageous in calories. I threw in some crumbled bacon, red pepper, scallion and some smoked provolone. I know swiss is traditional, but I avoid buying most cheese's here in Canada because I can get them in MI for 1/3 of the cost. I thought the quiche was tasty and filling along with a garden salad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

So colorful!
There is a cheese distributer in my town that is only open to the public on Saturday mornings. Great cheese and great prices. I am off work next Saturday too!

6:34 PM, January 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home