Sunday, January 08, 2006

Honey Whole Wheat bread.........


honey whole wheat bread Posted by Picasa

I mixed this bread up last night and let it have a long slow ferment in the fridge overnight and most of today. I really think that contributed to the excellent flavor of this bread. I've recently read a list of products that contain High Fructose Corn Syrup and one of my favorite breads is on it. I decided to start doing more bread baking. I got this recipe off the Martha Stewart website and I cut it in half. I added the sesame seeds at the last minute. Now I'm on the lookout for a good whole wheat english muffin recipe, sadly Thomas's English muffins is on the list.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

We just discovered our favorite grocery store, Earth Fare, won't sell any products containing high fructose corn syrup...how cool is that?

9:12 PM, January 08, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...I am lately addicted to the Thomas Light, Multi-Grain English Muffins...they seemed so healthy...only 1 point apiece...I can't believe this. I wonder if ALL of their English muffin varieties have the HFCS? I will be checking the label when I get home tonight!

8:12 AM, January 09, 2006

 
Blogger Dawna said...

That's a great looking loaf. I need to get back to more bread-baking. I do love to do it, but it does require a little bit of planning / organizing. Good for you, to take charge of the HFCS situation this way!

10:32 AM, January 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking loaf of bread!

BTW you asked me about the price of tim tams? They are about $3 a packet

somethingis causing your middle column to drop down below your side column in firefox

4:48 PM, January 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked the label...they do have HFCS. :(

7:27 AM, January 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home