Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sweet and Smoky Chicken


sweet and smoky

tuna sannich Posted by Picasa


Ok, dont hate me, but I have a confession to make. I can't stand dark meat chicken!! I know, I know. "It has so much more flavor", " chicken breasts are so dry". Yes, yes people, I've heard it all. There is just something inherently feral about eating dark meat. Anyhoo, Robin loves it so I do cook it for her. Tonight I threw some thighs in the oven and used the glaze from Fallen Souffle's recipe. Robin loved it. I added a tiny bit of smoked paprika as well, because well, Danielle said it was good. Robin thought they were awesome. I had some leftover pork.

I also baked another loaf of bread and Robbie came home for lunch. I made her a tuna sandwich. That bread is seriously good, so easy too. I did the whole thing in the cuisinart. Yummy and no High Fructose Corn Syrup.

I have a big catering job on Saturday night. Friday I'm making the Chicken cacciatore( Giada), tiramasu( ina garten) and polenta for the croutons( giada) Day of party, I'll make the smashed potatoes, dressing for the ceasar salad, salad and garlic bread.

Needless to say, I wont be cooking dinner on Friday night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I don't care much for dark meat chicken either!

7:33 PM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

I miss my bread machine--it's down in the basement since I can't seem to make it work right at 6,000 feet elevation.
I LOVE the boneless,skinless thights--but love the breasts too. It depends on what I'm cooking.
Good luck with the catering job Saturday. Sounds wonderful!

7:59 PM, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home