Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Chicken Parm and rigatoni alla vodka


Chicken Parm and Rigatoni alla vodka Posted by Picasa

Robin requested this for dinner, so last night I took out what was left of a bag of frozen chicken breasts. As an aside, I hate those frozen breasts, they look nice and plump when frozen, but defrosted, they give up so much liquid, that they shrink considerably. They are often on sale for some ridiculously cheap price and I've fallen prey to the deal one too many times. No More. I'm going to MI on Thursday and Bone in Breasts are on sale for 99cents a lb. I'm just going to bone my own( wish me luck).

So, I breaded these up. I used my last 2 eggs on the cake I made( next post) so I dipped in some buttermilk. It seemed to work ok. I made a killer sauce using 2 big cans of San Marzano tomatoes. I covered the breasts in half the sauce( that sounds kinda obscene) and then added some grey goose and half and half( what I had on hand, I didnt want to run out for heavy cream). I also didnt have any penne, so I used rigatoni. Robin proclaimed it excellent!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! I can't believe you put Grey Goose in a pasta sauce - how decadent! How long will you be in Michigan? Any chance you'll stay through the weekend??

7:21 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Blogger Sara said...

That looks really great. I've never had vodka in pasta sauce before, but I will have to try it out. Let me know how de-boning your chicken breasts goes. I bought a HUGE pack of bone-in breasts a while back, and every time I use them I completely destroy the poor piece of chicken trying to get the bones off.

8:49 AM, January 11, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

Looks really good. I to have never had a vodka sauce. May give this a try!
I bone my own chicken breasts all the time. The big bonus is, you can freeze the bones for making stock, and the tender will seperate from the breast and they are perfect for cutting up to use in stir fry. Good Luck!

4:33 PM, January 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home