Tuesday, January 10, 2006

How to get Robin to eat fruit......


cake

flipped over Posted by Picasa


Robin is just weird, she doesnt like fruit. Oh, she'll eat bananas as long as they are baked into bread or slathered in Peanut Butter, but she doesnt think about fruit or crave fruit like I do. In order for me to get her to eat fruit, I have to say " I put some grapes in your lunch, eat them" or bake something fruity for dessert. So, I was perusing the foodblogs( as per usual) and came across this lovely pear cardomom cake in The Wednesday Chef's blog. It was especially appealing to me because it came from The LA Times( and as you know, I moved to Canada from Los Angeles( Long Beach to be exact). This cake was good, but I think I'm not such a big fan of cardomom. I used the ground instead of grinding my own. I think I'd like this cake a lot more with Ginger and I'll definaly try it again that way. I had some trouble with stickage when I flipped it over. SOme of the cake/syrup pears stuck to the pan, so I chucked it back in the oven and melted it and then poured it on top. Robin really enjoyed the cake. I cut a couple sliced and brought them to a clients house as a treat. Pears are in season now, so if you're looking for a way to use 2 underipe pears, I recommend this wholeheartedly.

2 Comments:

Blogger MeBeth said...

I'm the same way - I don't really crave fruit. Veggies, yes, but not fruits, so this sounds like it would be a great recipe for me to try out.

7:28 PM, January 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Robin...just recently have I learned to enjoy fruit at all...for me, it's a texture thing...it's too soft, it's too fibrous, it's too mealy...so I've discovered that if I eat DRIED fruit, I can enjoy it. Start Robin with some granola that includes dried fruit (I have my favorite recipe of that on my site) and perhaps she'll discover she likes it that way too.

6:09 PM, January 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home