Thursday, January 12, 2006

I pulled a Rachael Ray


chicken carbonara pizza Posted by Picasa

Oy, what a long day. I left early and drove to MI. I went to Kroger and Meijer and Target( and the mall). I usually bring home Chinese food, but I told Robin its too greasy and we need to eat healthier. I'm usually just too drained to cook( after grocery shopping and dealing with customs and the drive home), but I told Robin I would make dinner. I planned on just picking up a rotisserie chicken and making a salad. At the last minute, I changed my mind. Whole wheat boboli's were on sale as well as some low-fat dijorno alfredo sauce. Robin's favorite sandwich from Quizno's is the chicken carbonara so I thought Id try to make something reasonably healthy. I spread the crust with some sauce, shredded one breast from the chicken, sauteed some fresh mushrooms and microwaved some all-ready cooked turkey bacon. Lastly, I sprinkled some green onions on top and covered with some mozzarella and then a touch of cheddar.

So, how did it taste? Robin liked it, she thought it would be better with regular bacon. Me, I thought it tasted like convience food. It didnt thrill me in the least. Oh and I have Rachael beat, it only took me 15 min to make.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I've made something similar, using real bacon (and no chicken) and we really liked it but it's a little rich to make very often. I found the most important addition was chopped sweet onion. In this area, I can buy pre-made thin rectangular pizza shells which I used. I've always found Bobolis to be too much crust.

4:44 AM, January 13, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no you di-int! Rachael Ray is not something you should aspire to, Randi. She is perhaps the most irritating person on the planet!

LOL--but I'm glad you got a quick dinner on the table.

5:41 PM, January 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home