Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Happy Huanakkah...........


Potato latkas Posted by Picasa

In the Jewish Religion, latkas are usually served on the first night of huanakkah. Since I am jewish, and this year the first night of haunakkah fell on xmas day I had to put off my latka making until two days ago. These came out great. Crispy and delicious.

I grated 4 small russetts, squeezed out the starch. I also grated an onion, added a beaten egg and some matzameal. Fry until crisp and serve with sourcream and applesauce.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Haunakkah :) Those latkas look and sound great...I have never had them but I love Swiss rosti potatoes and it sounds similar :)

4:03 AM, December 29, 2005

 
Blogger Jelly said...

Happy Chanukah from me too. Those look DEELISH! (and your Christmas Eve spread made me SO hungry! I love party food!)
My aunt is from Exeter. Do you like it there?

5:57 AM, December 29, 2005

 
Blogger Jelly said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! My aunt is from there, but actually lives in Burlington. I thnk she IS actually there now, visiting her large family for Christmas, though! It's a pretty nice town.
Your tomato soup looks goooood!

10:19 PM, December 29, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home