Sunday, September 25, 2005

A taste of California


Fish Tacos Posted by Picasa

I really really really love fish. I was thrilled when I met Robin and she told me she loved it as much as I did. My ex hated fish and since we were together for 15yrs, I never cooked it much. I try to make us a fish meal at least once a week, of course I'm really limited to lake fish. A few months ago, I was in MI and saw some nice frozen swordfish( my favorite) at Kroger. I picked up a couple packages and thought about what I was going to make. I love fish taco's and I especially love the ones from Rubio's Baja Grill. Since the nearest Rubio's is about 3,000 miles away and beer battered fried fish isnt on our food plan I came up with some pan seared swordfish taco's with pickeled cabbage. Yummy. I added a dollop of light sour cream and a fringe of cheddar cheese( not traditional, I know) I heated the corn tortillas( also bought in MI because they dont sell them here) in the dry pan till crispy. The fish was rubbed with Penzeys southwest blend. They were yummy. 6 points for 3 fish taco's.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Narins said...

I schlepped a 5 pound bag of masa to England this summer in fear of having to live without corn tortillas, and specifically, fish tacos, they are my all time favorite food. Sigh. Yours look delicious!

11:07 AM, September 26, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home