Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stuffed shells with smokey marinara


Stuffed shells with smokey marinara sauce Posted by Picasa

This was a keeper. Yummy, I love Italian food, I could eat it every night. I could eat the sauce( gravy) alone with a spoon. I decided we need to eat 1 meatless entree a week and this fits the bill perfectly. I made this a few months ago with Christine in our big oamc extravaganza. We loved them then, we love them now. The recipe makes a lot so I decided to preportion out and freeze the rest. I now have 2 more containers with 2 servings( weight watchers 10 points per 4 shell serving) each. I couldnt find the frozen chopped spinach in our very full freezer, so I left it out. I made the sauce this morning with 1 large can of san marzano tomatoes and 2 cans of muir glen fire roasted tomatoes, a chopped leek and celery and plenty of garlic. I threw in some fresh oregano and some dried italian herbs. The filling is low-fat ricotta and lowfat cottage cheese, chives, parsley, asiago( I used reggiano). The shells are topped with mozzarella.

We topped off our meal with 1 giant oatmeal cookie from small batch baking. I loved making one cookie, but I had to add a bit more flour( and i used whole wheat) than the recipe called for. I also added a tablespoon of choc. chips and pb chips. Yummy.


2 oatmeal cookies Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Randi...please send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, and I'll give you that Peanut Butter Cake recipe!

9:23 PM, September 13, 2005

 
Blogger *fanny* said...

I randi, if you want we could try to set something with mona as she also want to speak a better french. As i've already said to her, we could write eachothers mail in french. Please let me know.
Love
Fanny

6:12 AM, September 14, 2005

 
Blogger Joe said...

No way randi! We made this tonight! It was very good.

7:51 PM, September 14, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...I've made both the stuffed shells recipe and the giant oatmeal cookies before. I enjoyed both recipes very much. I always convert all of my recipes into Weight Watchers points, too, and I actually thought it was quite a lot of points for those stuffed shells. They really were good, but it's hard to justify 10 points for only one part of a meal.

8:05 AM, September 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home