Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dinner tonight.....

I made this marinade this morning, and like most recipes, I dont really follow them. I didnt pull out the measuring spoons for all the spices and I just kinda eyeballed the evoo too. I dont usually count the points from marinades because I know they mostly get washed off. Nevertheless, each chicken breast counted as 4pts.

marinating chicken Posted by Picasa

The rice was nice too. I didnt have long grain, so I used basmati. I didnt have dried pineapple so I used some dried apricots. I liked the slight sweetness and the clean taste of the lime zest and juice. I serving size was 1/2 cup, but we chose to have a cup so we could feel a little more full. ( It didnt work). I'm still hungry. LOL

finished plate Posted by Picasa

I'm donating a sweet basket for Robin's company's golf tournament. Now I get to bake some ginger cookies, zucchini bread and a kahlua cake( and thats just the stuff for tonight). Im also baking buttermilk bisuits, lemon cake and peanut butter surprise cookies. Who wouldnt want to bid on that basket?


Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like a fantastic basket to me! Good stuff!

7:42 PM, September 06, 2005

Blogger Shauna said...

That looks fabulous! I'm going to have to marinate some chicken tonight.

9:34 AM, September 11, 2005


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home