Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dinner tonight.....

I made this marinade this morning, and like most recipes, I dont really follow them. I didnt pull out the measuring spoons for all the spices and I just kinda eyeballed the evoo too. I dont usually count the points from marinades because I know they mostly get washed off. Nevertheless, each chicken breast counted as 4pts.



marinating chicken Posted by Picasa

The rice was nice too. I didnt have long grain, so I used basmati. I didnt have dried pineapple so I used some dried apricots. I liked the slight sweetness and the clean taste of the lime zest and juice. I serving size was 1/2 cup, but we chose to have a cup so we could feel a little more full. ( It didnt work). I'm still hungry. LOL


finished plate Posted by Picasa


I'm donating a sweet basket for Robin's company's golf tournament. Now I get to bake some ginger cookies, zucchini bread and a kahlua cake( and thats just the stuff for tonight). Im also baking buttermilk bisuits, lemon cake and peanut butter surprise cookies. Who wouldnt want to bid on that basket?

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Sounds like a fantastic basket to me! Good stuff!

7:42 PM, September 06, 2005

 
Blogger Shauna said...

That looks fabulous! I'm going to have to marinate some chicken tonight.

9:34 AM, September 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home