Monday, September 12, 2005

Pesto.............


pesto Posted by Picasa

Summer is coming to an end and thus its time to pick the basil before it passes on. Mrs. Client has huge amounts of basil growing in their fabulous garden. She asked me if I wanted some so I went yesterday morning. I thought i picked a lot, but when I made the pesto( without garlic) for client there was only enough to fill one plastic egg carton. I called Mrs. Client again and she said " you barely picked any". I went back, got another huge bag full and made some more. I chose to leave out the cheese and just add it in when I use it. I also added some lemon juice and rind.

I never follow a recipe, I just thow it all in the cuisinart and away we go. Hopefully in the dead of winter, I'll pop out a few cubes and it will bring me back to this gorgeous summer we've had.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt loves pesto.

We've been harvesting our basil for just that purpose, as well. We have a medium-sized bag in the freezer right now...our basil didn't do as well as we'd hoped this year...sigh.

9:02 AM, September 13, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home