Saturday, September 03, 2005

quinoa and salmon.....


salmon in lemon butter rosemary sauce Posted by Picasa


quinoa salad II Posted by Picasa

Two more dishes for Mr and Mrs. Client. Mrs. Client has a wheat intolerance so I made her this quinoa salad. It tasted really good and was very light and healthy. Im going to whip some up for us. I used cucukes from Mrs. Clients garden, green onions, carrots, yellow peppers, fresh ontario corn that I blanched, currants, feta and pepitas. I threw it all together with a lemon vinegarette. Yummy.

The Salmon was a repeater from a few weeeks ago. I prefer to use fillets, but we are so limited in our fish selection. Yet another thing I miss about Cali. Anyway, I seared/raoasted the salmon using a super easy technique from Fine Cooking. I made a slightly too watery buerre blanc with rosemary and lemon balm to go with it. Robin made her really creamy mashed spuds. ( no pic as it was too white with the flash). We had the same meal( I had snapper as I abhor salmon). It was very good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I've wanted to play with Quinoa but not sure what to do with it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

8:58 PM, September 03, 2005

 
Blogger FoodNinja said...

I am very envious of anyone whom has corn... this year the crops in Manitoba failed due to high rain

9:50 AM, September 04, 2005

 
Blogger Shauna said...

That quinoa salad looks good. Actually, I've found that popping the quinoa (like corn or amaranth) makes it taste even better! I'm going to try a quinoa salad with smoked salmon and capers soon, so I'll tell you how it works!

10:44 PM, September 04, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home