Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another great meal on Weight Watchers


Turkey Chili Posted by Picasa

Brocoli salad Posted by Picasa

Can you tell I'm not working? I have plenty of time to shop for great ingredients and make us fabulous healthy food. The weather dropped about 6 degrees today so I decided to make Chili. I make kick ass chili if I do say so myself. No recipe, as I do it different everytime, depending what kind of beans I have in the cabinet. Today it was ground turkey breast and ground turkey thigh, kidney beans, homeade black beans, chili beans, barley, chili seasonings and pureed tomatoes.

I made this brocolli salad from CL as a side dish. Big fat bunches of Brocolli are on sale for 88 cents, so I picked one up and a small bunch of red grapes. I had everything else. Dressing is low fat mayo( thank gawd they didnt call for fat free, that stuff is vile), yogurt, vinegar and sugar( I used splenda). Sunflower seeds, raisins and grapes round it out. I blanched the brocolli for a few seconds to brighten it up. Robin loves the ubiqitious pot luck salad, so I tried to find a healther version. I wasnt crazy about it, but she really liked it.

Last up, small batch baking White Chocolate blondies. These were dry. The batter was thick so I added a few tsp of milk. I usually use the dip and scooop method for flour, but next time it will be spoon into cup and level off. Nevertheless, they fit the bill for a portion control dessert.


Small batch baking, white chocolate blondies Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

Hi Randi -- Good luck w WW, it "saved" me three years ago and I still count points in my head. And thus there's nutrition/points info on every recipe over at A Veggie Venture. It might help! Alanna

6:19 AM, September 15, 2005

 
Blogger FoodNinja said...

All Right.. I love chili .. I too just toss in what I have.. I like putting red curry paste in for heat.. I am gona try turkey next time.

7:00 AM, September 15, 2005

 
Blogger Nic said...

I love those small batch recipes. Makes you feel that much better about dessert!

8:47 AM, September 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home