Sunday, August 14, 2005

More poping


2 jams Posted by Picasa

My new favorite thing to do is make Jam. I havent made a lot this year because I havent had a lot of time. I did make an awesome batch of strawberry a few weeks ago. I've checked out Prize Winning preserves 3 times this year alone and I asked Christine if she wanted to make some jams with me. Of course, this was all before I got a job so its hard to co-ordinate our schedules. I had free time yesterday so I said what the hay, lets get it on.

Christine
gave me some gorgeous rasberries about a month ago. I froze them immediatly so I knew I had those. I found a recipe for rasberry plum which used small yellow plums. I bought a 3l basket and made 2 batches. I also made some strawberry margerita. The color and smell was fantastic, however I had the dreaded floating fruit problem. Oh well, I followed the directions exactly. The author says that strawberries are notorious for floating. This jam was different because it had lime juice, tequila and triple sec as the main ingredients. Im sure this will be fantastic over a baked brie.

The last jam I made was orange, ruhbarb ginger. This jam intrigued me because it uses no pectin and it uses orange sections. Ive never made a jam with oranges. The yield wasnt very high( only 3 jars) but it looks and smelled scrumptious. I still have a few more to try. Blueberry banana, pear ginger chocolate( cream de cacao) and a peach jam.

Guess what everyone is getting for Xmas?????

3 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

How fun! I've always wanted to make Jam but never get around to it. The rhubarb ginger sounds sooo good!

8:40 PM, August 14, 2005

 
Blogger Ana said...

I love making jams and jellies too.

3:24 AM, August 15, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homemade jam - yum!! How do we get on that Xmas list?? Hee hee :p

6:45 AM, August 17, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home