Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Chinese Chicken Salad


Chinese Chicken Salad Posted by Picasa


The women in my office do a lot of interesting things to make the days more enjoyable. For instance, On Thursday's they have a loonie draw and last Friday we all had to bring in an item that would fit in a small box and everyone exchanged boxes and the person had to wear the item.

On the last Loonie draw, the woman who sits across from me won 18 dollars. The other girls joked with her that she could buy them lunch. I said " what can you get for 18 dollars"? Uhhh, pizza came the response.

I said " Or, she could give the money to me and I could make you lunch". Well, before you could say "boo" an envelope was passed around and everyone contributed 2 dollars for me to make a chinese chicken salad.

The recipe is based loosely on Bobby Flay's recipe. Chopped Romaine, chopped napa, cilantro, green onions, beans sprouts, snow peans and shredded carrot. The dressing is a mildly spicy peanut dressing. I added some fried wontons for crunch and peanuts for contrast.

I baked a loaf of whole wheat oatmeal bread to round out the salad.

Everyone raved and I'm going to ask them if they want me to do it again. This way I get to try new recipes and provide good, healthy inexpensive lunch.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks very yummy!

Those ladies arent going to want you to ever leave!

dee

6:41 PM, August 04, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home