Sunday, February 11, 2007

Multigrain pancakes( Cook's Illustrated)....





I've been doing a lot of cooking lately but unfortunately most of it hasnt been at home. Today was our Sunday brunch at work. One of the things I really love about this job is that my boss gives me a lot of freedom with menu planning. So when I want to try something new, we usually put it on the brunch menu. I've had my eye on these multigrain pancakes for awhile now. Like all CI recipes, it was very well tested. This recipe uses museli that is ground into flour along with AP flour and whole wheat flour. You'll also sour your own milk with lemon juice instead of using buttermilk. I doubled the batch and after it was all mixed together, the batter was rather thin. My boss noticed too and said " Have you ever made these before" and I said " Nope, but I totally trust CI". I said " they've never let me down and I dont expect they ever will". Thankfully, I was right. They cooked up light and crisp. Robin came to the brunch today and said she thought they were the best item there, my boss's husband who is notoriously picky ate them without syrup and raved. So, I was very happy. Thank you CI!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Freya said...

Yummy Pancakes! I love Cooks Illustrated magazine but we can't buy it readily over here :(

7:19 AM, February 12, 2007

 
Blogger Sara said...

Mmm, they look delicious, good choice!

8:33 PM, February 12, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home