Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blogging by Mail 2


Blogging by Mail 2 package Posted by Picasa

Yay, look at all my goodies. Since I missed blogging by mail 1 hosted by Nic at baking sheet, I was thrilled to bits when I could participate in Blogging by Mail 2, hosted by Samantha.

Christine and I drove to Port Huron yesterday to mail off our packages( sorry we are so late), and I hoping that my box would be at my post office box( I have a po box at the UPS store in MI). No such luck though. I had totally forgotten that I gave my Canadian address for my package. I think I thought that if the person sent something homeade, it would sit in MI because I only pick up my mail a couple times a month. So, I was really surprised this morning when I went to the mail here. I could hardly wait to open the package( oh, and I feel so bad that it cost 19 dollars to mail here). I called Robin and she asked me to wait till she got home, so we could open it together. Soooooo, time ticked on and finally she came home and I opened it. My package came from Grommie aka fabulous cheesebabe . She enclosed a really nice notebook that explained what everything is. Robin was thrilled with the chips. I think she thought they were crab flavored chips. LOL. She munched on those, while I ate a few of the sesame candies. I just love those candies. Those candies were a permanent fixture growing up in a jewish household. She also sent some of her homeade sugar free jam( rasberry mango) and some cherry butter( I love cherry, cant wait to try that). An eggbaker from annapolis pottery and a small pottery cow to hold a recipe card were a few other goodies cheesebabe included. Im really excited about the Old Bay seasoning. I had bought some generic old bay at the bulk store, but nothing is as good as real old bay. I have a great big tin of pasturized crabmeat from Trader Joes that is just waiting for a healthy dose of Old Bay. I cant wait to give my niece the poprocks, she's going to love those. Last but not least, cheesebabe included some cow tails, yummy caramels.

This was a great package and I see some waffles in my future( for all those yummy fruit spreads). Thanks a lot cheesebabe.

3 Comments:

Blogger freethoughtguy said...

Yum!

3:36 PM, October 05, 2005

 
Blogger Kari said...

Ooh... I'm so glad you got the package. I was a little apprehensive that it would get held up in customs and you'd never get all the treats. Glad to see you enjoying everything.

3:57 PM, October 05, 2005

 
Blogger Nic said...

Oh - great package!

6:45 AM, October 06, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home