Monday, October 03, 2005

Dinner and small batch dessert


Shrimp with brocoli and mushrooms on lemon angel hair

small batch baking peanut butter tart Posted by Picasa

My poor Robbie is home with a bad ear infection so, when she asked me to make a dessert that she would enjoy, I didnt think twice about indulging her. I handed her the small batch baking book and she picked peanut butter tart. I was a bit skeptical because the filling was nothing more than sugar, 1 egg, 2tbls sour cream and peanut butter( vanilla too, but I forgot to add it). Crust was choc. sandwich cookies) I used a low fat kind that I had here) and 1tbls of butter. These were supposed to be made in small tart pans, but I only have the trusty heart shaped springforms. The topping was once again supposed to be a ganach calling for heavy cream( 1tbls). I didnt have any, nor did I want to buy some since we're going away next week, so I improvised with skim milk and a bar of some type of belgian choc. with praline filling. The topping was a tad thin, but still tasty. This was by far the best recipe from the cookbook.

Dinner was cooking without a recipe. I sauted some shrimp with mushrooms, brocoli and wine. I threw in the juice of half a lemon and some penzey's greek seasoning. I added a dash of crushed red pepper flakes to the mix. This was served over Giada's lemon spagetti( angel hair here). Yummy, a nice light dinner.

Tomorrow, Christine and I are heading off to the big( NOT) town of Port Huron. We're going to mail off our blogging by mail packages and do a little shopping( and of course eat out some lunch and dinner). No cooking tomorrow thank gawd. I love it, but something I do get sick of it( shhhhh, dont tell anyone

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pasta with broccoli, yum! :) I love this combo!

11:04 AM, October 04, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so freaking good!

Erin/the1chick

7:45 PM, October 04, 2005

 
Blogger Joe said...

Loved what you did with the SBB dessert!

8:10 PM, October 05, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home