Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Zuchini Spice Cake


Zucchini spice cake Posted by Picasa

Ok, I was going to delete this entry because I thought this cake was less than stellar. However, I did kinda screw it up so maybe thats why. This cake was another one using pre-measured ingredients aka cake mix. The recipe comes from the cake mix doctor. The recipe calls for a yellow mix, I couldnt rememeber what flavor while I was at the store so I picked up a spice mix because my brain registered zuchini spice cake. I also made a mistake and used 1/4 cup too much oil. I brought it into work and it was demolished so I guess it wasnt too bad. It seemed too oily and wet to me. I'm going to stay away from mixes for awhile and do some scratch baking on the weekend.

We're having company on Saturday night and Im making fajitas, rice, beans and I havent decided on dessert yet. What do you suggest?

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

It still looks good! What about a Flan or Tres Leches cake? Churros would be good to!

7:56 PM, August 17, 2005

 
Blogger Cate said...

Jennifer, me too! I make Mock Mexican Fried Ice Cream, which gives you the same flavor, but is way easier and less messy. Scoop vanilla bean ice cream in individual bowls (I use Breyers), top with crushed Frosted Flakes and then drizzle with honey. You'll never know the difference.

Anna at Cookie Madness (http://cookiemadness.blogspot.com) made a Tres Leches Cake this week that she liked. You might want to check it out.

Other suggestion would be Mexican Chocolate Cake. I have a recipe for a good and simple one. If you want it, drop me a line. Have fun!

7:14 AM, August 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home