Friday, November 03, 2006

The Perfect Slice......



To me, NY style pizza is my ideal( I had this jumbo slice when I was in FL). I grew up in suburb of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The majority of residents at that time were transplanted NY'ers( like my parents). Consequently, I was exposed to NY style pizza, bagels and chinese food and to this day, that style of food is my personal preference. But as I found out shortly after moving here my ideal pizza, bagels and chinese food is non-existent. So, I schlep bagels back from Florida and I bring back NY style chinese food from Port Huron. On my last trip home, my mom had a coupon for a B1G1 Free Pizza. She urged me to bring the pizza back in my suitcase. I said thanks but no thanks because I didnt want to deal with it, but then as my sister was wrapping up the pizza for the freezer, I decided to take it. I'm so glad I did. I love pulling a slice out of the freezer, chucking it in the oven for 10 minutes and having a crizpy, chewey cheesy slice that transports me back to Florida. I'm down to one slice left. Thank gawd Robin and I are going back to Ft. Lauderdale for my 40th Bday( Dec 2nd). I'm taking a second suitcase( not really) for Bagels and pizza.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I love NY style pizza too but I rarely get my hands on it. Almost every time we visit my parents we have pizza from my cousin's shop that is delicious but in the NE PA style ('Old Forge style'), very different from NY style. Last time we visited, they got pizza from a new place just a block away from them and it was NY style - very thin, very flavorful and I was in heaven.

11:52 AM, November 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post about bringing food back with you. When we visit my friend in NYC, we always bring home H & H bagels in our luggage. Once I had to chuck my shampoo in order to make it all fit but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. LOL

2:16 AM, November 05, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Inspired!! I love good pizza...some places just are terrible at making 'za...I could never find a good place in Milwaukee :Z

9:47 AM, November 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not possible to find good NY style pizza in California eventho many of the pie makers come from NY. I guess it must be the climate or something! Believe me, a a pizza addict, I tried all over Ca. and found that I could make a better pie at home than found in a pizzeria! Oy Vey.

4:46 PM, November 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home