Monday, October 30, 2006

Sunday Brunch.....






Here are a few pictures from the Sunday Brunch we have where I work. We worked for 3 days to prepare the wonderful food you see here. I did the majority of the baking. I made my famous coconut cream pie( in tartlet form), buttermilk biscuits( Cook's Illustrated), the pastry cream for the trifle and the orange lemon cheesecake ( my boss's recipe), I also baked 2 huge carrot cakes for another job. I also made pie dough, lemon curd, I poached pears and made pear frangipan tarts. Hmmm, what else? Oh, I made some savory items too. Gravy for the pork roast, pumpkin pancakes, and I sat over a vat of hot oil and fried peppered tempura chicken( Robin better not ask me to make these at home). I did have one little opps when I accidentally sloshed water in the maple pupkin pot de creme's while transfering them to the oven for a bake( in a water bath)


This is most definatly the best brunch I've been to( even though I was working) in Ontario. Robin came with a friend of hers and they both raved. The quality and quantity of food were outstanding. And the best part was the staff got to take home leftovers. I see some Jumbo shrimp cocktail in my future lunch plans.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Looks great! Wish I could have a brunch like that.

6:52 AM, October 31, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Beautiful! I wish I could pop in and enjoy some of that...I would like the tarte please ;)

7:34 AM, October 31, 2006

 
Blogger Sara said...

Is that last picture the Coconut creams? Yum.

12:43 PM, November 01, 2006

 
Blogger Heather said...

I wish I could go to a brunch that sounded and looked half as good!

7:09 AM, November 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home