Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Morning Glory Muffins( KA whole grain baking)




I've had my eye on the KA Whole Grain baking book for a while now so when I got an amazon gift certificate for doing some survey's, I wasted no time in buying it. What an amazing book, every single recipe uses whole grains. There are cakes and breads and brownies and even whole grain croissants. I can't wait to start baking.

The first recipe I made were these muffins. I used 100% white whole wheat( KA's light wheat flour). The recipe stated that regular whole wheat flour was ok too. Btw, for my Canadian readers, I buy my King Arthur flour in Michigan, sadly, its not sold in Canada.

Shredded carrot, apple, coconut and nuts( I left out) are added. A small amount of orange juice and a larger amount of oil are added along with some warming spices. They smell fantastic baking. Chelsea and Robin really loved them too.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm definitely getting this book!

12:17 PM, October 24, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

I have that book on my Christmas wish list!

3:29 PM, October 24, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

I wanna hear about the whole grain brownies :D

6:27 AM, October 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that book on my wishlist. I love King Arthur Flour. The muffins look terrific :)

1:01 PM, October 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home