Thursday, July 27, 2006

Crunchy Ice cream loaf( everyday food)....




Obviously, this isnt a loaf. I just wanted to try it out the recipe so I made it in an individual heart shaped springform pan. I'm not a fan of cornflakes and thats the main ingredient( other than ice cream). I have a dilema. I'm leaving next Thursday for the eGullet Heartland Gathering and Robin's family has an annual Civic Weekend BBQ on Sunday. I'll be leaving Ann Arbor at 9am on Sunday morning so I wont have time to make anything when I get home. I need to make something before I leave that will keep for 5 days or that can be frozen. I thought about this ice cream thing. It's really a take-off on Fried Ice cream. I bought some "premium" Chapman's( Canadian company) light Vanilla. I wasnt impressed with the ice cream, but thats neither here nor there. For this recipe, you crush up cornflakes, mix them with cinnamon and layer that with the ice cream. You drizzle some honey on top of the corn flakes as well. Robin said it was good and different, but nothing spectacular.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

If you are going to use Chapman's, use the frozen yogurt. It actually tastes pretty good!
Have fun on your trip!

4:36 AM, July 28, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

If you don't like the 'flakes, I'll gladly take it off your hands :D

6:15 AM, July 28, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I bet that would be great with Häagen Daaz vanilla but what wouldn't?

Why don't you just make a cake, something unfrosted, and freeze it. Maybe a pound cake, to be served with fruit or ice cream. Cake freezes wonderfully.

11:24 AM, July 28, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

Your version is definitely healthier than real fried ice cream--it still looks good, though!

11:30 AM, July 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home