Saturday, July 22, 2006

A meal I made Monday....




Thanks for all your get well wishes. I feel a lot better today. I basically slept yesterday away. I don't remember much of what I did. I was coming off a lot of painkillers. I just hope I dont have another " gall bladder"(or whatever it was) attack anytime soon. I'm heading off to Ann Arbor on August 3rd for the eGullet Heartland Gathering. Speaking of eGullet, Christine and I start our tag team foodblog over there on July 30th. Come check us out. I'll probably cross-post over here as well.

I made this meal on Monday night. Better late than never I guess. Anyway, I brined some bone-in chicken breasts and then grilled them. I brushed some homeade BBQ sauce over them. I served them with a cold multi-bean salad I threw together. I steamed some green and wax beans and mixed them with a can of mixed beans, cucumbers and green peppers. I made a dressing with red wine vinegar and oil.

I still feel bad that I missed the community kitchen. Robin has been eating the food she brought home so I'm glad they didnt cancel it. They made a spinach lasagna from Cooking light and some fig and nut breakfast cookies from CL too. I showed Robin the picture from Joe's blog because theirs looked very rustic compared to Joe's.

She also brought home some greek turkey burgers. I'm sure those will show up this week as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

greek turkey burgers...I'm intrigued!

8:30 PM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Annie said...

Hi Robin, Thanks for visiting Mixed Salad Annie. I would be interested in the vegan cookie recipe. No rush though, whenever you can find time.
The greek turkey burgers do sound intriguing-I'll have to stop back to check them out!

4:13 PM, July 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home