Monday, April 03, 2006

Asian spiced pork tenderloin and curried coucous...




Robin bought me American's Test Kitchen Family cookbook for xmas. She asked me the other day why I havent made anything from it. My answer is " I have too many cookbook's". Sound familar? I pulled it out this morning and looked for a recipe using the pork tenderloin I found in the freezer. As an aside, tonight after dinner, Robin and I went thru the downstairs freezer. I made a list of everything in there. It wasnt pretty, but it's not as bad as we both though.

So, I whipped up an asian style wet rub( more like a marinade) for the pork. Canola oil, diced jalapeno and garlic, ginger and soy. I added some chinese 5 spice powder to it. I chucked it in a ziplock bag and let it marinate for about 3 hrs( too long because the soy made it a tad too spicy). Robin "manned" the grill until it registered 140 on an instant read. We tented it with foil and let it sit until it came up to 160f. I also made a curried couscous pilaf. Fairly simple and straightforward. I took some help with the veggie. I used a bag of mixed beans + carrots that you just toss in the microwave. I topped it with a smidge of a seasame ginger sauce with some sesame seeds.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Gosh, I'm glad I don't have anyone policing my cookbook use. I still have so many I haven't cooked from. I buy new ones and I don't end up making anything for months or years. It's a disease!

Those beans look good. I don't think I've seen those here, although I don't usually look at the bagged veggies since they're usually more expensive.

10:43 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Randi,

I hope you didn't think I was implying that Robin was a nudge. I'm just glad my husband hasn't noticed that I haven't actually cooked anything from most of these cookbooks that are scattered all over the house.

11:09 AM, April 04, 2006

 
Blogger Dawna said...

I love pork tenderloin! It roasts up wonderfully, it takes any marinade or rub you toss at it, and it stir fries like a champion. Viva la pork tenderloin!

4:25 PM, April 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home