Friday, March 24, 2006

Chicken Milanese




I've been super busy with work this week, so consequently much to Robin's chagrin, I havent cooked much. A couple of those nights I didnt even eat dinner( lack of hunger) because I've had a lot on my mind with work and helping set up the community kitchen.

Today I stayed home( no catering jobs) and deboned many chicken breasts, then I roasted the bones and made a huge pot of stock. I decided to make milanese out of a couple of the breasts. I pounded them super thin, then did the standard breading. I pan fried them and then topped them with a baby arugula salad. I sauteed some button mushrooms and threw those on top. Chopped tomato is the standard topping for milanese but since we both dont like raw tomatoes, I used the mushrooms. I made a vinagarette with evoo, sherry vinegar, mustard and garlic. I threw is some long shards of reggiano and dinner was served. It was nice to cook for us again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tender, crip greens. Warm mushrooms and crunch chicken. Looks delicious. Great presentation.

3:44 PM, March 29, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home