Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blood orange sorbet.....




Well, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right ? So my friend Christine made some of this a couple of weeks ago. So when I saw some blood oranges reduced (6 for 99 cents) I thought I'd make some too. I juiced the oranges, added the juice of one lime, made a simple syrup infused with some zest and then refridgerated it overnight. I whizzed this up in my icecream maker tonight. This was very refreshing. I would have loved to serve this as an intermezzo, but alas I dont have such fancy dinner parties.

I'd like to try a cara cara orange( infused with vanilla) sorbet next. I better hurry because the citrus season is almost over.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Whee! That looks great!

5:53 PM, March 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, I want that NOW! It looks delicious, and I have a major ice cream craving at this moment. :-)

6:14 PM, March 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love blood oranges, and I especially like sorbet. The problem I had was in gauging how much sugar to add to my juice mixture. I guess I just find the tartness of blood oranges is a little inconsistent.

Nonetheless, your sorbet looks outstanding.

4:18 PM, March 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home