Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chocolate and peanut butter......


Almost Flourless chocolate cake with PB ice cream Posted by Picasa


When I saw this almost flourless chocolate cake in Clotilde's foodblog, I knew I had to make. I had all the ingredients and it was the perfect dessert to make after work on Thursday. Clotilde said it would taste better the next day. I dont know how it tasted on day 1, but it was fabulous on day 2. As my neice Chelsea said " Its very rich". To gild the lily even further, I made a simple eggless Peanut butter ice cream I found on another foodblog. The recipe actually came from Cuisinart and since our Ice cream maker is a cuisinart, I thought how could I go wrong.

I still have to figure out something for tonight. Christine brought me some really nice Ontario peaches and apricots so I think I'll make a fruit gallette and serve both desserts. I know that Robin isnt a big fan of fruity desserts. Oh, wait, I just had another though. I could make a trifle with the fruit. Oy, so many recipes, so little time.

PB Ice Cream
1 1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream( I used 1 1/2 cup cream and made up the difference in milk)
1 1/8 cup peanut butter( not natural). I used my favorite which is Jiff
3/4 cup sugar( I used a tad less)
1 cup chopped PB cups

With a mixer, mix pb and sugar until well blended. Blend in Milk and cream. Pour into ice cream maker and proccess according to your ice cream maker's directions. When 15 min remain, add in the chopped candy.

I let this ripen in the freezer for about 15 min. It was creamy and delish.

Next time, I'll cut more of the cream out and use more milk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it was great! Darryl had his for breakfast this morning. And he has already requested that I make that ice cream.

9:28 AM, August 20, 2005

 
Blogger Joe said...

Oh my - PB Ice cream... my favorite! Yum!

8:52 PM, August 20, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home