Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Italian wedding soup( Cuisine at home).....




I'm sure getting my monies worth from this magazine. This is the 3rd recipe I've made and I have a few more bookmarked.

First I made some mini meatballs( I used ground turkey). These chill in the fridge while you assemble the rest of the soup. I used some canned low-sodium broth because thats what I had. Of course, homeade stock would be a lot better. Onions, garlic, carrot and celery are sauteed. White wine is added first, then the broth is added with some oregano, bay leaf and red pepper flakes. The meatballs are dropped in to simmer. About 10 minutes later, fresh spinach and canellini beans go into the pot. The soup is finished with some tempered eggs. I cooked up some mini cheese tortellini for a hearter meal. This was very good. Even Robin loved it and she's not a soup fan. Although she did say " this is a far cry from the soup I was served as a child".

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

That looks so good...wish my wife wasn't a vegetarian! lol

7:11 PM, November 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home