Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cherry Cobbler....



Another recipe from America's test kitchen. I found a couple bags of frozen sour cherries in the freezer, and I knew they were from last August. So, I defrosted one and then went looking for a recipe. This was a fairly simple recipe. Mix the cherries( frozen) with some sugar and cornstarch. Bake in the oven for about 20 min, remove then top with a sweet biscuit dough. The dough came together fairly quickly. I used a regular spoon to mix it up. I added some cinnamon because I really love the flavor. Throw it back in the oven and bake another 20 min. Unlike my spouse, I am a big fan of fruit based dessert. I also dont care for pie crust so this was perfect for me. I gave half of it to my client and hopefully they enjoyed it too.


I hate to admit this, but I'm kinda sick of cooking. I need a break. Do you ever feel that way?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Yes, I do, which is why I couldn't do it for my profession.

I find that this time of year, when the weather gets warmer and the sun is shining after work, that I enjoy cooking much less. I'd rather be doing other things.

5:50 AM, April 06, 2006

 
Blogger Heather said...

About once a week I feel sick of cooking. That is when we have to go out to eat. I sometimes have to say to the hubby, I don't know what is for dinner and I really don't care because I am not cooking.
The cobbler looks great.

6:02 AM, April 06, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home