Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I can't resist a bargain.....




Just call me sucker!! I spotted some caramel flavored cream cheese on clearance for 99 cents. Now, that would probably be a good deal considering a bar of cream cheese is about 3 bucks( ridiculous) here in Ontario. I had a couple coupons for 75 cents off so I picked up 2 caramel cream cheeses for 25 cents each. The grocery store had a little pamphlet next to the cream cheese with different recipes. Robin loves cheesecake so I decided to make the skor bar cheesecake. I had no skor bars, but I did have some toffee bits and chocolate chunks so along with 2 eggs and the 2 bars of cream cheese we have a toffee cheesecake. At the last minute I decided to swirl in some cajeta( goat's milk dulce de leche). I made an oreo cookie crust. Because this was only 2 bars, the cheese cake was pretty flat. I took a bite and I wasnt impressed. I dont really care for cheesecake so maybe thats why. Robin said it was passable, but she's had a lot better cheesecakes from me.

So, I guess the bargain wasnt such a bargain after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyndi said...

I'm sorry you cheesecake didn't live up to your expectations! It looks decadent.
BTW, I brought the camera home Monday, took a picture & added it to Sunday's post. I plan to do that with some of the recipes I made back in December/January before I started using the camera. I think I"m getting better at the photography part.
Caramel cream cheese? I bet it would be good on a bagel.

7:01 PM, February 28, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Well it sure looks good!

5:28 AM, March 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home