Monday, February 20, 2006

Chicken Picatta......



I'm always trying to think up new and interesting ways to use chicken breasts because I can't stand dark meat chicken. Well, this wasnt that new or interesting, but it was good and really easy. I cut 2 boneless skinless breasts in half cross-wise and pounded them out. I dredged in flour, then sauteed in some evoo. When those were browned on each side, I removed them from the pan. I then added 1 clove of minced garlic and deglazed with some white wine( maybe 1/2 cup). I added the juice of half a lemon and some fresh cracked pepper and some kosher salt. I placed the chicken back in and let this cook for about 7 more minutes. I then realized I forgot to add the butter so I threw in 2tbls. I couldnt find the capers( Robin doesnt like them anyway) so I left those out. I chopped up some flat leaf parsely and threw that in too. These were really good. I made a quick smashed potato for me and I made some oven roasted for Robin. We also had a really big salad with it.

I have so much cooking to do over the next few days. Wednesday is ribs and coleslaw and beans for 1 client. Thursday is a lasagna and a spiced morrocan chicken dish. I also have to make macaroni salad, tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad for a lunch job I have on Friday, then I have to work at the pub on Friday night. Oh and tomorrow I have a pumpkin roulade for another client. When it rains it pours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks good. Much better than the nasty chicken we had. Sigh...
LOVED the truffles - I shared them with some friends at work.

8:01 PM, February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Canadian Baker said...

I'm with you on dark chicken meat - no thanks! Your meal looks great and good luck with all your upcoming cooking.

7:36 AM, February 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home