Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Everything is better with butter......



Forgive me for my lack of posts. We had an interesting weekend to say the least. We left our house on Saturday for my MIL's house and we spent the night there on Saturday. My MIL took us out to dinner because we got there too late for me to cook. On Sunday, Robin and I left for another town about 13 miles away. Our friends were having a superbowl party. The party was fun, we stayed until 11pm. We got in our cars and barely went 5 miles before we had to turn around, the weather was just horrible. The roads were sheets of ice and snow squalls were coming at us from all directions. We went back to friends and she put us up for the night. We got up the next morning to go home and to our dismay, the roads back to our house were all closed. We waited around till noon and it didnt look good for us getting home so we braved the roads and went back to MIL's house. I felt very anxious and when I'm anxious I want to cook. However, my MIL is not a foodie. She doesnt enjoy cooking and after watching her grandaughter this weekend I dont think she was in the mood to do dishes. I said " I think I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies". I opened the fridge to check the butter situation and I found just enough. 1 cup. I said " MIL, I'm going to use this butter" MIL said " why cant you use shortening, it works just the same". I said " No, No, it doesnt taste good, butter provides flavor and mouthfeel". MIL" mouthfeel? Shortening is the same. Me" no thanks, I'll use the butter.

I called my neice upstairs and we set about making toll house cookies, although they really werent toll house because they dont sell nestle semi sweet chips here. In Canada the chips by nestle are called chip-its. Maybe they are the same, I dont know. I actually like some store brand chips that are premium and called PC decadent chips. The cookies came out really good. As you can see, we made some ice cream sandwiches for dessert. MIL love them.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I read the title and looked at the picture and for a brief moment I thought that ice cream was butter LOL.

If more than two flakes fall out of the sky, I don't want to drive. I could never handle living any further north.

5:26 AM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger Christine said...

Those Ice Cream sandwiches look great! I should make those...

11:18 AM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger Dominique said...

Hi Randi,
I'm very interested in learning more about your business pursuits.
If you could drop me a line with your business and contact info, I'd really appreciate it.
my email is nmilburn@gmail.com,
thanks,
Dominique

11:42 AM, February 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home