Sunday, January 29, 2006

A new way to make brownies.....



Last night we went out for dinner with a bunch of gals we havent seen in awhile. I decided at the last minute to whip up something to give the gals as a special treat. I remembered these from Nic's blog so I threw everything together and followed the unconventional intructions. The recipe/method comes from Alice Medrich. I'm not a huge brownie fan, but these were fabulous. They were really fudgy in the middle while nice and crunchy on top. I gilded the lily slightly by adding some dark chocolate chips on top. I might have slightly underbaked them( we really need a new oven), but they were still good. I used the new non-stick foil and they popped right out of the pan.

Thanks Nic and Alice!!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Those look perfect.

Now I'm kicking myself for not getting around to making another batch of sweet potato brownies this weekend. Not quite the same, LOL, but they would have been there to satisfy the huge chocolate craving you just instigated.

8:20 AM, January 30, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

I tried these and did not have much success. I may have to try again. I like the Martha ones I posted on my blog.

5:55 PM, January 30, 2006

 
Blogger Nic said...

I'm glad you liked them, Randi. I just love this recipe!

10:22 PM, February 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home