Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Minestrone ............




This minestrone is chock full of veggies and beans. I used some fresh veggies and some frozen and this was really fresh and delicious. I sautee'd carrots, celery and onion in some evoo. I added 2 cans of beans( romano and a mixed bean medley), a big can of organic chopped tomatoes, water, herbs and some small pasta. I let this simmer for about an hour and thats it. Very easy peasy. Oh, I also threw in a big rind of parmesean reggiano( thats what you see floating on top).

This is a perfect blend of Antioxidant rich foods. This weeks edition is being hosted by Stephanie.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That looks great. I can just imagine all the flavor that rind added to the soup.

6:07 AM, February 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home