Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pecan crusted tilapia (CL)......




I feel like I havent cooked a real meal in awhile( using lots of pre-packaged sauces, etc) so after the gym this morning I ran into the grocery store. Tilapia was on sale for 4.99lb( its normally about 8.99-12.99lb, ridiculous) I refuse to pay full price for Tilapia because basically, its a very bland, boring fish. I went to my trusty cookinglight online and typed in Tilapia. I chose the pecan crusted tilapia because I had everything for it. Its pretty simple. Flour the tilapia lightly, dip in buttermilk and roll in a combination of ground pecans and breadcrumbs( I used panko). I didnt really do any measurments so I'm sure I used more pecans than the recipe called for. I made some whole wheat cous cous, roasted asparagus and my own version of cream corn for sides. The corn was amazing. Huron county is the corn capital of Southwestern Ontario, we grow lots of corn here and last year was a good year. I blanched and froze it back in August. I defrosted it, threw it in a pan with some fresh thyme and a bit of half and half. I let the half and half reduce and sprinkled with some salt and pepper. Robin loved the dinner and so did I.

Next post dessert.

Btw, I have a code for Cooking Light.com. I bought the 2006( really all the recipes from 2005) cookbook and it came with a code to use the website. Let me know if you want it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

We love that tilapia recipe! I made it again a couple weeks ago.

5:58 PM, February 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home