Saturday, October 22, 2005

artichoke and goat cheese stuffed chicken with pasta


artichoke and goat cheese stuffed chicken with pasta Posted by Picasa

Well, we're back from Florida. I did absolutly no cooking( unless heating up baby food counts?) while we were there. Quite frankly, I needed a break from cooking. The week prior to leaving, I cooked a lot!! I've already cooked a lot since we've been back. I made a meatloaf and a quinoa salad and coleslaw for client. I have 3 more meals to make for her this week( one of them goes to her friend = new potential client). Last night I threw together some turkey burgers and I pulled a Rachel Ray and used some frozen seasoned wedge fries. Tonight I cooked Robin a real meal. I opened a can of artichoke hearts and mashed them with some goat cheese. I added some lemon peel and thyme. I slit open 4 chicken breasts and stuffed them. I sauteed them on each side, then threw them in the oven to finish. Meanwhile, I made a pan sauce. Shallots, white wine, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, and chicken broth. I added a small amount of flour and about 1/4 cup cream. Lastly, I threw in the remainder of the filling. Yummmy. I cooked up some whole grain pasta and steamed some brocolli.

I have so many entries in my head that I need to write. I took pictures of some of our meals in Florida. Hopefully, I'll get to that this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Welcome back! Glad to see you had a safe trip - can't wait to hear about your fun!

9:16 PM, October 22, 2005

 
Blogger Sara said...

That chicken looks great. I love artichokes.

12:29 PM, October 25, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home