Sunday, January 22, 2006

Why can't I find Malt powder in Ontario?


coffee malt Posted by Picasa

Yet another favorite food item( along with Hershey's cocoa) that I can't find in Ontario. I'm just glad I dont live that far from the border. I introduced our neice Chelsea to Malts and now she's hooked. When I was growing up, my mom would pull out the trusty hamilton beach blender and make us kids a chocolate malt. It was never a shake, it was always a malt. She'd give us each a glass along with a big fat crunchy charles chips pretzel so we could dip it in our malt. Its funny, but making malts always reminds me of my mom. I try to make them low-fat by using light ice cream and skim milk. Surprisingly they are still pretty darn good. Chelsea sure loves them. For this malt, I used coffee ice cream( Edy's although I still prefer Bryer's) hershey's special dark chocolate syrup and milk along with a healthy dose of Carnation malt powder. This version was extremely yummy. If you've never had a malt, try it and let me know how you like it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt loves a good chocolate malted. One of the many reasons he misses Barney's was their amazing chocolate malts.

Mmm...

10:40 PM, January 22, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Yum! I have a recipe for chocolate malt pudding on my 'to-cook' list.

5:42 AM, January 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home