Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chelsea's snail...........


cheese snail Posted by Picasa

I've been trying hard to get my neice Chelsea interested in something other than Neopets, barbie.com and various stuffed animals. I'm hoping she'll take an interest in cooking like her aunt.

Today we spent the day at the beach and tomorrow is Robin's family's annual civic weekend bbq. We're bringing Macaroni salad and Texas sheet cake( see next post). Robin asked me to make a curried couscous salad too. I wanted to get Chelsea involved so I asked her if she wanted to make a cheeseball. I had bought these packets of dip mix made by bearcreek and a few weeks ago, I used the alternate directions for a cheeseball. We took it to Robin's aunt and uncles pool( the same pool where the bbq is being held tomorrow). It was scarfed down in no time.

Chelsea and I got the bright idea about rolling the cheeseball into a snail. The cheeseball is one bar of cream cheese, a cup of shredded cheedar and the dip mix. Robin mixed it all up and I plopped the load of it onto wax paper with Chelsea giving me directions about rolling it up to make a snail and making the head. She decorated it and voila, a snail cheese ball.

Wonder what she can make next?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!! :)

10:09 AM, August 03, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home