Friday, July 22, 2005


zuchinni bread Posted by Picasa

Well, its that time of the year again. With all the heat and rain we've had recently, the zucchini's have taken off. Yesterday I harvested two big mothers and decided to make some zuke bread for the gals in the office. They've been so patient with me, showing me the ropes. I used a recipe I got from a zucchini bread thread on egullet.org.

The bread was straightforward. Since I had so much zucchini, I decided to double the recipe. I threw choc. chips into one loaf and surprisingly that was the loaf that went first. The bread was very moist, tasty and not too sweet. Next time, I might use a bit of WW flour and a bit less sugar.


1 and a 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp powder
1/2 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 pound zucchini coarsely shredded.
1/2 cup canola oil

Makes 1 loaf

Preheat oven to 375, butter a loaf pan, sprinkle with sugar. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinn, salt, soda and powder. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, eggs and sugar. Add zucchini. Stir zucchini batter into dry ingredients . Bake for 50 min, until toothpick comes out clean. Can be frozen for 2 months.

Enjoy

1 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Zucchini "bread" w/chocolate chips. That's my kinda way to eat veggies!!

12:19 PM, March 26, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home