Thursday, August 31, 2006

Village Bakery......





It's rare that I actually buy baked goods, but I made an exception today because Christine raved about The Village Bakery in Mt. Forest, ON. My MIL and I took Chelsea( neice) to Robin's cousin's farm. Her cousin lives in a tiny town outside of Mt. Forest. We spent some time at the farm, and Chels got to feed Cousin's rescued fawn. We also saw resucued pot bellied pigs, shetland ponies,a huge Belgium horse, donkey's and other assorted farm animals. We stopped back in Mt. Forest on our way home. I picked up a couple of goodies for Robin. Two butter tarts( A Canadian tradition), A filled peanut butter, choc. chip cookie and a pecan square. I had a coconut cookie that was filled with a ginger creme. I felt the products were slightly pricey( the cookies were $1.10 each), but that's only because I know what it costs to make things. We ate lunch at The Queen's Bush cafe. We all had the special, Ham, goat cheese and green apple with grainy mustard. They adverstised it as a panini, but the sandwich wasnt grilled, rather the bread was just toasted. Everytime I eat at a cafe' here, I wish I had the money to open my own place because I know I could be really succesful.

1 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

My friend wanted to have a pot bellied pig and he would've named him 'Breakfast'...needless to say, he wasn't a vegetarian ;)

8:38 AM, September 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home