Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Carrot cupcakes.(everday food)....



These cupcakes are super easy to make and really delicious. I had some leftover cream cheese frosting from the big carrot cake I made for Robin's family BBQ so I threw these together. I've made them before and really liked them. They don't use as much oil as traditional carrot cake recipes do, but they are still moist. I didnt have OJ so I used apple. I also threw in some orange flavored cranberries and a bit more coconut.
For the Cupcakes:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus more for garnish
For the Icing:
8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Make the cupcakes: In a bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, orange juice, vanilla extract, and eggs.

2. Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, and salt. Add flour; mix. Stir in carrots, walnuts, and coconut.

3. Oil a standard muffin tin or line with paper cups; distribute batter evenly.

4. Bake until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 25 minutes. Let cool before frosting. Garnish with toasted shredded coconut.

5. Make the icing: In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.

3 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I just read another foodblog with carrot cake on it...I think ya'll are on the same good page or something :)

5:26 AM, August 16, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Are you taking a vacation, Randi?

10:36 AM, August 25, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

Now how in the world can I make these carrot cupcakes without totally stuffing my face with them? They look fabulous!

3:01 PM, August 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home