Thursday, November 10, 2005

A whole whack of meat........


belgium beef and beer stew Posted by Picasa

Sometimes I really wish I ate red meat because this smelled fabulous while it was cooking. It looked pretty darn good too. This was for my client and normally I make them 4 servings, but stew meat was on sale and I had to buy a family pack. We're working on cleaning out the big freezer so I just thought what the hay, just use it all up. This recipe was loosly based on a belgium beef and beer stew recipe in Cook's Illustrated. I ended up cooking the whole thing on top of the stove because as you can see from the picture, I have a large Le Crueset pot. I also cooked some carrots, turnips and sweet potato seperatly and added that to the finished stew along with some frozen peas. My client said it was very good and I was relieved because I couldnt taste it. I did taste a tiny bit of the liquid and that was flavorful. Oh and Oliver and Harley really enjoyed it too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

Oh, I love carbonade! In fact, I was just thinking that it is time once again to make it, having seen good prices on chuck bottom blade lately. Did you manage to find a Belgian beer to use? The one that Cook's recommends, the Chimay Peres Trappiste, was perfect.

10:52 AM, November 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home